St-CAST and REGION - DETAILS - Scroll Down
PHOTOS of SAINT-CAST village and of BRITTANY REGION available at the 'PHOTOS' section, subpage 'St-CAST and AROUND'.
BRITTANY is a beautiful vacation destination with its sandy beaches and miles of rocky shoreline. Enjoy walks along the coastline, fishing, horseback riding, bicycle riding, or tour historic villages and a famous UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Mont-Saint- Michel established in 709. Brittany, a region known for fresh fish and shellfish, crepes and Galettes……
1- DOWNTOWN SAINT-CAST is 5 minutes away by car :
There is a supermarket 1,5 km -1 mile- away (5 min by car), 3 good bakeries and many shops in downtown Saint-Cast.
- In most of the local STORES, they SPEAK ENGLISH. If not, very easy to communicate with hands, and they are usually very hospitable,
- You have nearby the SAILING center - yacht-club in St-Cast. Sailing classes or boat rental possible,
- You will find 2 BEACH CLUBS for children on the beaches of Pen Guen and St-Cast (in the summer),
- A HORSEBACK RIDING school is close to the house, and a TENNIS club 2km away,
- A great 18-hole GOLF course along the PEN-GUEN beach (1 mile away from Saint-Cast). You willplay Golf with an exceptional seaview,
- The Saint-Cast TOURIST OFFICE can suggest many activities.
2- NOT FAR FROM SAINT-CAST :
- The CASTLE 'GILLES DE BRETAGNE' in 'Notre-Dame-Du-Guildo village, is the starting point of a lovely walk on the trail which leads you to the Sea,
- From Saint-Cast HARBOR, follow the path along the coast and enjoy the spectacular views walking on the trail 'Sentier des Douaniers',
- At very low tide, the EBIHENS ISLANDS are accessible by foot,
- You can try a fun type of fishing, the 'Pêche aux Lancons' in the 'BAYE OF THE FRESNAYE' at very low tide with your Family and/or Friend.
3- The TOURISTIC SPOTS TO VISIT AROUND SAINT-CAST are :
- CAP FREHEL with its extensive walking trails, and FORT LALATE castle (both 15 km, 9 miles),
- DINARD, and the RANCE river (20 km, 12 miles away),
- SAINT-MALO, a fortified seaside town (25km, 15 miles),
- MONT-SAINT-MICHEL with its famous abbey and its world famous high/low tides which flow at the speed of a galloping horse (80 km, 50 miles, 1 hour drive),
- DINAN, old medieval town (30 km, 17 miles),
- RENNES, capital of Brittany, with its newly renovated Parliament (100 km, 60 miles).
After a full day of sightseeing in the area, long walks along the sea, hiking the rugged coastline, water sports or beach activities, it is pleasant to return to this CHARMING AND COMFORTABLE HOUSE.
Have a very nice stay in Brittany, and this charming seaside village St-CAST. Bertrand and Laura LOUYOT - Email : firstname.lastname@example.org - 33 6 82 75 82 83